Friday, February 6, 2009

Random Friday night.....

Well, to start, something is WRONG with my spacebar. AND my period key (double entendre? NO!) And I am NOT HAPPY about either of these deficiencies as my Dell Notebook Computer 1) was not cheap! and 2) is not that old. Suspects will be questioned, punishments may be dealt.

But anyway......

(had to hit the period key like 80 TIMES)

Life is Work. Work is Life. Or at least it seems so lately. So, I have been making a conscious effort to separate the two.

Seriously. Let me elaborate.

We Lessards, are on a pretty tight schedule. Me more so than JP and the gals. I am always the first one up (on weekdays). I nudge JP, go in and wake the girls, and get the day going. As my previous day probably did not end till around midnight, my morning usually begins around 6:45 on a good day. Around 7am on a not so good day.

So, I nudge JP, go into the gals' bedroom, get them up or give them "5" more minutes depending on the time, and hit the shower. A FAST shower. Always. Except on the weekends or at night when I am lucky enough to have a few extra minutes . OK, this whole post so far sounds like I am complaining or bitching about my lack of time, which in a way I am but I am so not..

I am just documenting a day in the life...

So anyway, as NONE OF MY FAMILY READ THIS BLOG ANYMORE I can pretty much say whatever I want......SCOTT! YOU'RE A NORTHERNER AND WILL NEVER BE FULLY ACCEPTED INTO SOUTHERN LIFE! MICHELE! LIGHTEN UP! JOE! GET A CLUE!

ok, I am done with THAT.

If you (and you know who you are!) happen to be reading this post, trust me, that last capitalized comment was NOT directed at you

But I digress.

So work,

Necessary but hated

Not that I hate my "paying" job

And I certainly don't hate my "non-paying" job

But it is starting to wear on me.

The commute.

I don't remember my specific point when I started this entry, but I do realize what it has turned into -

I HATE MY COMMUTE.
Other than that? Right now? Life is good. And I am thankful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you posted even semi-regularly, you might have people consistently stop by. But, after the 1000th time looking for an update and not getting one, you start to go elsewhere. Lack of regular readership is YOUR fault.

And, I know, I am a man with no home.

I completely understand you hating your commute. How can I understand? Because I don't have one and I don't think I can ever have one again. I go into the office on occasion and I still have to reguarly drive to the airport. Being stuck in traffic is one of the worst punishments I can imagine.

How bad has it gotten? I get pissed off at other drivers on the short drive to church or to the kids' schools.

I can't imagine an hour each way on mass transit. Don't let me kid you, I've done it and I'd do it again if it meant making a mortgage payment or putting food on the table.

But, I'd be blogging about my hatred of it, too. Just like you.

SL

ChefMichele said...

I agree with my brother. I consistently log in to check if you have published a new post...alas there is usually none. I do look forward to reading most of "the family's" and am disappointed they are less frequent than I would like. LIGHTEN UP!????? whats up with that???? Did I miss something? LMAO Oh and you can bitch to me anytime CIL!!

ChefMichele said...

PS- The commute....hmmmm been there done that, and at this point, I would be happy to commute. The economy the way it is, the lack of jobs out there, and the "would rather be on a train for 2 hrs commmuting than being home all day" is taking its toll on me as well. May I suggest taking that time to reflect, read, catch up on correspondence or possibly even BLOG!!